Horizontal Stabilizer Fittings

I started working with the fittings made from angle. The first part I picked was the forward spar fitting. This is made from a piece of 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" x 3/16" angle that has to be cut down quite a bit. I started by cutting a length of angle down using my hacksaw. Next I marked up the first cuts and used my band saw. I need to get a proper blade as existing blade only has about 6 teeth per inch and wanders a fair bit. After cutting the angle I next used my files to clean up the cuts. Again, I discovered that I really need a vixen file.

More Tail Ribs

I formed up some more tail ribs today. I discovered that I really didn’t need the holes in the leading edge ribs but they will actually be hidden. I formed the outer ribs for both the horizontal stabilizer and the rudder. I did these with only C-clamps holding the forming blocks together. This worked well and the parts turned out great.