Back at it again for a fourth time today. I worked at the finishing of the motor mounts. I managed to get both of them almost complete. I just have the V notch on the top to finish and then, of course, the drilling. I think I may wait on the drilling until later but I’m not sure. I think a photo copy or a tracing would create a better template for the drilling rather than measuring but I’ll decide that later.
After a break I started on the opposite side lower mount. Again, I managed to get the rough cutting done.
Started to work on the lower motor mounts. I scaled the drawings to determine the dimensions and recorded them on a scrap of paper. I was then able to get on of the mounts to the rough cut stage using the band saw.
Started today by finishing the upper motor mounts. The only thing remaining is to drill the holes and make any last minute trimming during assembly
I rought cut one side of the second upper motor mount today.
Completed all of the trimming and started the clean-up of the first motor mount angle.
As the title suggests, I cut all of the angle to length. I started the SNX-F16-04 support angle and SNX-F10-05L/R seat belt attach brackets. I have these complete except for the pilot holes which are marked
I made both of these small parts from scrap left over from the 2.5" x 2.5" x 3/16" angle.
Did the rough cutting of the angle clips.
I finally decided to add some additional flutes to the number 5 Former. I check the rivet locations and added to more recesses to my forming block. This time the former turned out great.