Today as I prepared to cut the holes in the right skin I realized that I really needed to remove the protective wrapping in the area. I used my soldering iron to melt the plastic and remove it. Then I remeasured and layed out the holes and then checked against the left skin. The two sides appear to be a good match. I drilled #40 holes along the perimeter of each of the cutouts. After cleaning up the cut outs with a file, sand paper and scotch bright I cut out the last hole for the rear spar carry through. I have not cut the hole for the vent as I plan on installing a Van’s vent later.
You must be logged in to post a comment.