Work progressed today on the nose ribs. They have all been deburred. I did this using a file and Scotch Brite pads. First I filed the edges to smooth them out. Next a chainsaw file was used in the tight radii to remove burrs. Finally, the Scotch Bright pad was used to remove any scratches along the edges left from the cutting process. This also helped to remove burrs from the edges. All of the parts were tested with my fingers to ensure no sharp edges remained. The next step was to stack all of the blanks and drill the tooling holes and the center hole for the fly cutter. The blanks were then unclamped and a large (1/2") drill bit was used to deburr these holes. I then setup the drill press for the 4" lightening hole with the fly cutter and began to cut these holes.
You must be logged in to post a comment.